27 May Program of Extra-curricular Activities 2020/21
In our program of extra-curricular activities for the school year 2020/21 you will find some novelties, the planning of which we started even before the beginning of the Corona crisis. We are convinced that our efforts will meet the needs of families.
You can see the overview of our program offer divided for kindergarten, primary school and high school levels in the Extra-curricular Activities section.
The booking of the extra-curricular school activities for 2020/21 starts from June 3rd, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. directly via the NSA Booking Tool.
We hope to be able to offer all courses in the ESM and with our partners again from September. Nevertheless, we have included the following points in our planning:
• For the safety of our children and course teachers we have reduced the number of participants in the courses so that distance rules can be followed if necessary. We have also created new courses. For some courses we had to adjust the prices to the smaller number of participants. If there is a corresponding demand, we can try to double some courses with another course instructor.
• In case that no extra-curricular activities can take place on site, we have already arranged the possibility to switch some of our courses to online version. The concerned courses are explicitly marked in the respective program.
The following now applies to kindergarten and primary school courses:
• The extra-curricular courses will start in the third week of school. The homework academy courses will start in the 2nd week of school.
• Most courses will now consist of 30 course units, and so cover most of the school year. In this way we can offer you 20% more course days. We have therefore adjusted the course prices accordingly.
• Semester courses are scheduled with 13 course days. You can find them easily, the course number includes W for winter semesters and S for summer semester.
• From September, the courses on the short school days will no longer begin immediately after the school end, but later at 1:00 p.m. All children should have a lunch break before the course starts. Please note: Kindergarten and primary school children must not be left unattended after school classes. A course booking will only be possible if you bindingly choose one of these options for the time before the extra-curricular courses start at 1:00 p.m.:
a) Either you have booked one of our afternoon childcare options (R.U.F., Die Pauker) or a course from the homework academy. These offers continue right after school classes. The children eat with R.U.F., Die Pauker or the homework academy and then attend their respective extra-curricular activities at 1:00 p.m.
b) For all other children we will organize an additional care called “Mittagsbetreuung”. The costs of this service depend on the number of course days of the respective activity and will be indicated at the time of the course booking. In this option the children will be accompanied to the canteen and receive a warm lunch or they can eat their own food as cold eaters. (For lunch, please register your children as spontaneous eaters for the respective course day, registration for the canteen will be activated from mid-June). If the time allows the children will also be able to enjoy the break at the playground under supervision. Afterwards they will be taken to their respective course.
• To further expand our offer, we also offer some more courses that will start later in the afternoon, after the 1:00 p.m. courses end.
For the high school applies:
• The number of course days remains at 25 as many school rooms are at the end of the year no longer available due to final exams.
• Semester courses are scheduled with 13 or 15 course days. You can find them easily, the course number includes W for winter and S for summer semester.
• The courses start in October when the individual school timetables are already set.