School Bus in the School Year 2022/2023
Only for pupils in years 1 to 5 of primary school a school bus place can be requested. Entitled are pupils, who:
- who live more than 2 km from the ESM Primary School in Fasangarten (the shortest walking distance)
- are NOT using the public transport option – MVV Card.
When planning the transport, an MVG bus stop within a radius of up to 1 km from the residence will be sought.
Use of School Bus by Kindergarten Kinder:
Kindergarten children with primary school siblings taking the school bus may also apply for a place on the same school bus. As a gesture of goodwill, the City of Munich will provide a bus place for these kindergarten children as long as free places are still available. Please be aware that a kindergarten child may have to give up this place during the school year, if a school pupil entitled to a place on the school bus needs it.
Note for separated parents:
Unfortunately, double registration is not possible because the City of Munich only subsidizes one transport application per child. Nevertheless, the other parent can inform the EV-ESM office about the second home address on a voluntary basis. The children of separated parents could be serviced in two school buses as a gesture of goodwill from the city of Munich, as long as the school bus route it permits and/or free bus places are available. The second address should already be entered and stored in the EV-ESM Booking System, under My Profile, Additional Contact Person.
Residence outside Munich:
Parents must cover 20% of the costs for children who live outside Munich (those with ZIP code other than 80000 to 81999). In the coming school year 2022/2023, the EV-ESM will charge parents an advance payment for school bus transport costs.
The advance payment for non-resident families for the coming school year 2022/2023 is 625 EUR per child and will be invoiced at the beginning of the school year.
This advance payment will be the same for all families, regardless of the distance from the school. The same principle will apply to the school buses as to the MVV Card where there are no differences according to the tariff zones.
As soon as the final invoice from the City of Munich is sent to the EV-ESM in the following school year, this will be passed on to the concerned parents of the non-residing children accordingly (credit or additional payment).
Additional important information:
- Please note that the EV-ESM has no influence on the bus companies chosen by the City of Munich and their cooperating parties.
- In addition, both the bus routes and the division of the children in the buses are carried out by the City of Munich and NOT by the EV-ESM.
- All children assigned to a school taxi should have their own booster car seat. The children should take it to school and then bring it on the way back.
- The City of Munich is entitled to adjust stops, routes and departure times every year.
- In the coming school year 2022/2023, the travel times to school may extend for reasons beyond our and the city’s control. However, the travel times to school should not exceed 1 hour.
- We would also like to remind you that the school bus drivers are not childminders. If parents do not want their child to be left alone at the roadside, then they must make sure to come to the bus stop on time.
- An emergency telephone number has been set up on which the bus companies communicate significant delays or complete failures, so that the EV-ESM can inform the affected parents and the school via email as early as possible.
- Please also note that the school buses provided by the City of Munich depart directly after school lessons. If your child visits After School Care or Extra-Curricular Courses, you can also book EV-ESM Shuttle for those days.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOOL BUS
Sign in to EV-ESM Booking System on www.ev-esm-booking.org.
Under Services on the left menu please go to Manage Bookings and select the Transport option you want to book. Please make sure to switch to the correct school year in the upper right corner – 2022/23.
After you complete the booking, you will also receive an automatic email notification.
You can check the status of your booking at any time in the EV-ESM Booking System. The EV-ESM charges an annual administration fee of 15 EUR for each child.
A seat on the school bus/school taxi for bookings registered after 5 June 2022 cannot be guaranteed. An exception will be made only in case of a house move and for newly enrolled ESM pupils.