School Bus in the School Year 2023/2024
Registrations extended until May 29, 2023
NEW: Only for pupils in years 1 to 4 of the primary school (P1 to P4) a school bus place can be requested.
For the 2023/2024 school year, P5 primary school pupils may ONLY apply for the MVV card. Please also note the special regulation below.
Therefore the entitled pupils are:
- primary school pupils P1 to P4, who live more than 2 km from the ESM Primary School in Fasangarten (the shortest walking distance)
- those, who are NOT using the public transport option – MVV Card
- Kindergarten children under special regulation
When planning the transport, an MVG bus stop within a radius of up to 1 km from the residence will be organised.
Special Regulation for Use of School Bus by Kindergarten children:
Kindergarten children with primary school siblings (P1 to P4) taking the school bus may also apply for a place on the same school bus. As a gesture of goodwill, the City of Munich will provide a bus place for these kindergarten children as long as free places are still available. Please register your kindergarten child right after you have registered your school child (P1 to P4). Please be aware that a kindergarten child may have to give up this place during the school year, if a school pupil entitled to a place on the school bus needs it.
Special Regulation for Use of School Bus by P5 Primary School Pupils:
Even though P5 pupils have applied for the MVV card, they will be able to use the bus as long as there are available seats on the bus. The children will be allowed to keep the MVV card issued to the child at the same time.
This is how it will be done this year for P5 pupils:
– If you would like to use the school bus, please be sure to email us at email@example.com. The best is to do it right after the MVV card application is submitted.
– Once routes and bus sizes have been determined by the City of Munich, this option of transporting for the interested P5 pupils will be checked. There will be no extra stops for the interested P5 pupils and only the existing stops will be used.
– You will receive information from us which line and stop would be suitable for you and you can then decide whether you wish to take advantage of the bus transport.
– Please note, however, that during the school year a P5 pupil may have to give up his/her seat to an eligible P1 to P4 pupil if it is needed.
– Siblings of P5 student and Kindergarten KG1/KG2 child are not eligible for transportation on a school bus.
– The following rules apply to the assignment of seats on the bus for P5 students: First, a bus seat will be assigned to a P5 student who has at least one sibling (P1 through P4) who also uses the school bus provided that an email has been sent indicating interest in bus transportation. Second, for all other P5 children, a decision will be made based on time order of the delivered emails indicating an interest in bus transportation.
Note for separated parents:
Unfortunately, double registration is not possible because the City of Munich only subsidises one transport application per child. Nevertheless, the other parent can inform the EV-ESM office about the second home address on a voluntary basis. The children of separated parents could be serviced in two school buses as a gesture of goodwill from the city of Munich, as long as the school bus route it permits and/or free bus places are available. The second address should already be entered and stored in the EV-ESM Booking System, under My Profile, Additional Contact Person.
Residence outside Munich:
Parents must cover 20% of the costs for children who live outside Munich (those with ZIP code other than 80000 to 81999). The advance payment for non-resident families for the coming school year 2023/2024 is 680 EUR per child and will be invoiced at the beginning of the school year. This advance payment will be the same for all families, regardless of the distance from the school. The same principle will apply to the school buses as to the MVV Card where there are no differences according to the tariff zones. As soon as the final invoice from the City of Munich is sent to the EV-ESM in the following school year, this will be passed on to the concerned parents of the non-residing children accordingly (credit or additional payment).
Additional important information:
- Please note that the EV-ESM has NO influence on the bus companies chosen by the City of Munich and their cooperating parties.
- In addition, both the bus routes and the division of the children in the buses are carried out by the City of Munich and NOT by the EV-ESM.
- All children assigned to a school taxi are obliged to have their own booster car seat under this regulation. The children should take it to school and then bring it on the way back.
- The City of Munich is entitled to adjust stops, routes and departure times every year.
- In the school year 2023/2024, the travel times to school may extend for reasons beyond our and the city’s control. However, the travel times to school should not exceed 1 hour.
- We would also like to remind you that the school bus drivers are not childminders. If parents do not want their child to be left alone at the roadside, then they must make sure to come to the bus stop on time.
- An emergency telephone number has been set up on which the bus companies communicate significant delays or complete failures, so that the EV-ESM can inform the affected parents and the school via email as early as possible.
- Please also note that the school buses provided by the City of Munich depart directly after school lessons. If your child visits After School Care or Extra-Curricular Courses, you can also book EV-ESM Shuttle for those days.
The EV-ESM charges an annual administration fee of 15 EUR for each child. This fee will be invoiced at the beginning of the school year.
A seat on the school bus/school taxi for bookings registered after 29 May, 2023 cannot be guaranteed. For late bookings, longer processing times by the City of Munich in the early months of the new school year should also be expected. This also applies in case of a house move and for newly enrolled ESM pupils.
Here you will find the Bus rules for kids who travel with the school bus.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOOL BUS
Sign in to EV-ESM Booking System on www.ev-esm-booking.org.
Under Services on the left menu please go to Manage Bookings and select the Transport option you want to book. Please make sure to switch to the correct school year in the upper right corner – 2023/24.
After you complete the booking, you will also receive an automatic email notification. You can check the status of your booking at any time in the EV-ESM Booking System.