Public Transport

Public transport for primary school and secondary school up to year 5


Primary school pupils who live more than 2 km from ESM Fasangarten (if not using the school bus option), and secondary school pupils up to year 5, who live more than 3 km from ESM Neuperlach can apply for a public transport – MVV card. Exchange pupils may also apply for an MVV card, as long as their exchange family is a member of the Parents’ Association.


An online application must be made for ALL children who need an MVV card in 2019/2020, even if the child already had an MVV ticket for 2018/2019. Please log in to the EV System, pre-register your child under SIGN UP for the required school year for Transport services. Under MY SERVICES you will find the application form.

The signed applications must be sent by post or email to reach our office no later than 3 May 2019. Applications that reach us after this date will not receive their MVV card until October/November 2019. You can check the status of your application online.


The administration costs incurred by the organization of the transport by the city of Munich are borne by the city itself. However, an administration fee per child is payable to the Parents´Association. The annual administration fee per child is 15€.

The City of Munich covers the total cost of the ticket for children living in Munich. Parents must cover 20% of the costs for children who live outside the City of Munich.



Public transport for students in year 6 and 7 of secondary school


Secondary school pupils in year 6 and 7 and those who do not fulfill the minimum distance criteria can apply for a reduced price card. You can find the application here.


Please send the completed application form directly to the MVG. Either the Parents’ Association or the school can provide confirmation that the child is a student at ESM.


Secondary school pupils in year 6 and 7 can receive a free MVV card if their parents receive child allowance for at least 3 children. This assumes that the family lives at least 3 km from the school. Please contact EV-ESM office for more details.



What to do if the MVV card got lost


You can report the loss of your MVV card in the EV System. Under MY SERVICES, find the MVV icon and click the red button to report the loss.




What to do in case of late delivery of MVV card

If you were late with the MVV card application or the City of Munich has not delivered the card in time, you need to collect you transport tickets (stripe cards for students up to year 5 of secondary school, for older a weekly or a monthly card at the reduced tariff – please see the paragraph above).

You will find the costs reimbursement application here, choose option ‘Antrag auf Erstattung von aufgewendeten Fahrtkosten’. Please proceed according to the instructions as given at above mentioned website when filling out the application.