MVV CARD – PUBLIC TRANSPORT FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
The following ESM students are entitled to apply for public transport MVV card subsidized by the City of Munich for the school year 2020/21:
– primary school pupils who live more than 2 km from ESM Fasangarten (if NOT using the school bus option)
– secondary school pupils up to year 5, who live more than 3 km from ESM Neuperlach
– exchange pupils, as long as their exchange family is a member of the Parents’ Association
The City of Munich covers the total cost of the ticket for children living in Munich. Parents must cover 20% of the costs for children who live outside Munich. The EV-ESM charges an administration fee of 15€ for each MVV card application.
Note for separated parents: Unfortunately, double registration is not possible because the City of Munich only subsidizes one transport application per child.
Secondary school pupils in year 6 and 7 and those who do not fulfill the minimum distance criteria can apply for a reduced tariff card directly by the Munich Transport Corporation (MVG). We recommend to submit your application 1-2 weeks before the start of the next school year:
– students up to 14 years of age can apply for ‘Ausbildungstarif 1’ https://www.mvg.de/tickets-tarife/vielfahrer/ausbildungstarif-1.html
– students from 15 years of age need to apply for ‘Ausbildungstarif 2’ https://www.mvg.de/tickets-tarife/vielfahrer/ausbildungstarif-2.html.
Please send the completed application form directly to the MVG and inform the EV-ESM office. Either the Parents’ Association or the school can provide a confirmation that the child is a student at ESM.
Exception: secondary school pupils in year 6 and 7 can receive a free public transport card if their parents receive child allowance for at least 3 children. This also assumes that the family lives at least 3 km from the school. Please contact EV-ESM office for more details.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MVV CARD
To access our online system, please use LOGIN on our website https://www.ev-esm.org
1. click SIGN UP and register for the school year 2020/21 (red button on the right)
2. pre-register the required services for 2020/21 for each child
3. return to HOME (upper left button)
4. click MY SERVICES 2020/21 and choose MVV icon
5. fill in the application (Antrag erstellen) and send it to email@example.com
You can always check the status of your application in the online system. For the applications filed after 30th May 2020, the MVV cards can only be issued for October/November.
WHAT TO DO IF MVV CARD GOT LOST
You can report the loss of your MVV card in the online system. Under MY SERVICES, find the MVV icon and click the red button to report the loss.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF LATE DELIVERY OF MVV CARD
If you were late with the MVV card application or the City of Munich has not delivered the card in time, you can buy directly your transport tickets in the meantime (stripe cards for students up to year 5 of secondary school, for older a weekly or a monthly card at the reduced tariff – please see the paragraph above). You will find the costs reimbursement application here, click ‘Beantragen’ and choose option ‘Antrag auf Erstattung von aufgewendeten Fahrtkosten’. Please proceed according to the instructions as given at the website provided when filling out the application.